- Division celebrates ten years of animation and digital art with anniversary DVD and screening at DADA-First Look screening DGA cinema complex.
- MFA and minor curriculum is updated and and a new BA in animation and digital arts is designed, created and approved.
- The Division receives a 125th grant to host a science -art weekend at the Wrigley Institute for Environmental Studies organized through Smith’s CTAN 524 Contemporary Topics in Animation & Digital Arts class.
- “Bike-In Movies” is curated and produced by Lisa Mann and Newtown Arts celebrating the work of DADA students and faculty also supported through the 125th grants.
- New adjunct faculty join the Division including Marcel Valcarce, Dariush Derakshani, Larissa Bank, RT Taylor,Will Weston and Daniel Robichaud.
Larissa Bank received an MFA in Studio Art from California Institute of the Arts in 1998 and an MFA in Painting from the University of Maryland in 1996. She has lectured, primarily on Flash, at Cal Arts, Emerson College, C-Level, and abroad for Anima Mundi Film Festival in Brazil. She has taught studio art, animation, and graphic design at various colleges in Los Angeles since the Spring of 2002. And has taught Digital Media in the Art Department for California State Summer School for the Arts during the summer since 2003. In terms of industry experience, she served as a Technical Director for online interactive animation projects for a variety of clients including Warner Brothers Online via an internet start-up company during the dot com boom from 1999-2002.
Her artwork takes the form of net art, video art, and electronic installations which have been shown and collected within the following venues: Machine Gallery, Crazy Space Gallery, Santa Monica; White Box Gallery, Marina Del Rey; ISEA2004 Inter-Society for the Electronic Arts, Helsinki, Stockholdm, and Tallin; Bodybuilder & Sportsman Gallery, Chicago; Overlook Park Shorts Annual Independent Film Festival, Cleveland; LA Municipal Art Gallery, LA; Barnsdall Art Park, LA; Fancyland, CA; Andrewshire Gallery, LA, Rhizome.org; Centro Nacional de Artes (National Center for the Arts) San Salvador, El Salvador; LA Freewaves, LA; The Irish Museum of Modern Art; Side Street Projects, LA; Huntington Beach Art Center, CA; Viridian Artist Inc., NYC; Bromfield Gallery Boston, MA.
Publications include: Sculpture Magazine, Planeta Alternativo, and Neural.it. Larissa’s online art curatorial project, Mediatopia.net, has been reviewed internationally and is included on the Whitney Museums’ Whitney Artport (online art space) list of net art exhibitions.